Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Possession #132 - Another Bike

OK...so let me explain...yes, my third bike. Of course, the first one is over 25 years old. This one, about 15. I purchased it because...well, I got chicken. I hadn't ridden my road bike in awhile and so one day I got it out and went to a road on the outskirts of town and got on to get going. But I was suddenly terrified of all the traffic zipping by me without a shoulder to ride on. I packed up and headed back home. I found out that there were these things called "bike trails" that don't have car traffic. But many of them are crushed rock and best ridden on a slightly different bike than a road bike. So I got one. And it has done wonderful things for me.

Biking, like walking, and other repetitive physical activities can be deeply restorative and meditative. Anything to get the body moving and to get out of your head is wonderful. And so...before I think about this too much...I'm gonna go.

No comments:

Post a Comment