Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Possession #136 - Puppet

So, I can't include the last puppet without having this one in here today. This is the heroine that goes along with yesterday's villain. Again, it's a modified rod puppet with moving head. The heads of both puppets were molded out of clay and then plastered with several layers of plain ol' paper mache using tissue paper. After allowing the whole thing to dry, I cut the head in half, scooped out the clay and paper mached the two halves back together after installing the equipment for the moving head which involved lots of wire and hot glue and the top of a plastic pop bottle.

My dad used to build model rail road layouts. My grandfather built grandfather clocks (hmmm appropriate). I find the long process of designing and creating a great way to focus the mind in almost a meditative manner. The physical challenge of such projects keeps my mind alert and able to ward off distractions...such as the plate of chocolate chip cookies that are calling me now. Gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment