Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Possession #141 - Panasonic Ball Radio

Having just come back from a High School reunion in which I wondered who all the old people were, I thought it appropriate to post a picture of one of the relics I still have from those days. This is my "oh so cool" Panasonic Ball Radio on which I listened to my ventures into the world of adult music. It's on this radio that I found KAAY Little Rock which broadcast "Beaker Street" late at night and which I listened to as if it were some strange exotic animal. Music was for me at times a little window into a wider world which I only saw glimpses of and which seemed both dangerous and exciting. Now, in an age of omnipresent music from multiple sources, my little ball radio is a little anchor to another exotic world of the past.

2 comments: