Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Possession #144 - Stuff I picked up off the ground

OK...is this stuff my stuff? It's just sticks, leaves, seeds and rocks. Rocks were one of the things I had a collection of as a child. In fact, my parents bought me a Junior Geologist kit complete with a rock pick (capable of penetrating silly putty) and hydrochloric acid (.000001%). Later on I started collecting all sorts of stuff I picked up off the ground just because it appealed to me. I keep some of it on a shelf in my office. When I can't find the time in my day for a walk in the woods, I look at my little shelf and remember that there's more beautiful stuff out there that I didn't make than I'll ever attempt to create in my own way. Oh, and the rock is a geode...a good Iowa rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment