Saturday, August 24, 2013

Possession #152 - Stetson Hat

This is my genuine Stetson hat from the Stetson hat factory in St. Joseph, Missouri...courtesy of the good Presbyterians in that city. Although, like all good things, the factory has closed down and consolidated with bigger and bigger corporations so that Stetsons are now made...who knows where! I never much liked hats when I was younger since it frequently caused the dreaded "hat hair!" But now such concerns don't bother me and I welcome a little extra cover on my dome. My Stetson doesn't get as much use as my ball cap, but it's certainly more durable and classy.

Someone recently remarked how strange it is that most everyone seemed to have worn hats years ago and now they've mostly disappeared. I suppose it's a result of the casualization of the country in the '60's. Although I'm not a big fan of cowboy hats worn indoors...they still cut a good figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment