Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Possession #153 - Suit Coats

My first suit was a JC Penny light brown corduroy 3-piece suit that I wore to high school dances. When I got my first job in a church, my parents bought me a blue suit coat to go along with my blue pants, blue tie and even blue shoes (suede). I still own a couple of suits, but only wear a black one when I go to funerals. The rest of the time a tie is about as formal as it gets.

We live in an interesting time in regards to clothing. For some, more formal outfits are a sign of respect. For others, it's way that people show off. Do you dress more informally in order to be a "man of the people" but then make some think you're being disrespectful. Or do you dress "respectfully" and make others think you're trying to be hot stuff! If only I had my JC Penny suit, I think I could manage both at the same time...

No comments:

Post a Comment