Friday, August 16, 2013

Possession #147- Fly Swatter

Among my possessions is a device for killing flies. I'm among those who are so very thankful that I live in an age of indoor plumbing, window screens and air conditioning. These modern conveniences which I take for granted, give me a sense of daily comfort that for most of human history were unknown. And yet...at times...I wonder if these things have so separated me from creation that I tend to see the world as I have molded it rather than the way it is. I'm quite certain that my disconnect with creation contributes to my callousness towards all things natural. I find it important for my own well being to try and find a bit of untamed nature from time to time so that I can remember the natural flow of things. And so, I guess, I'm thankful even for buzzing flies ...sometimes...when they're not dive-bombing me at the dinner table...SPLATTT!

No comments:

Post a Comment