Thursday, October 24, 2013

Possession #169 - Cell Phone

It seems unbelievable that an object so central to life as we know it has been relegated to "possession #169." I suppose, to be honest, it was sort of included in an earlier post where I counted up all the clocks in my house. But it really deserves its own spot. The term "early adopter" refers to people who always have to be the first ones to try out some new technology. And while I am definitely not that person, I am a "somewhat early adopter." I like to see what all the commotion is about fairly soon. Therefore I love my smart phone but not so much that it's under my pillow every night. I enjoy a lot of the things it can do for me but not enough to remember to take it out of my pocket the first time I went down a water ride.

During the course of this project our home has become, like so many others, land-line-less. We dropped the land line and now exist solely on cell phones...and I think I can say we haven't regretted it once. I only wonder what strange things will pop into our lives by the time I'm old and cranky...ok...older and crankier. I say, "bring it on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment