Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Possession #159 - Leaf blower

As long as I'm posting my weed whacker, I might as well do the same for my leaf blower. Of all the lawn care products I'm most ashamed of, it is, perhaps, the leaf blower. I imagine a conversation with someone unfamiliar with such a device:

What's that?

A leaf blower.

What does it do?

It...ummm...blows leaves around.

Is it considered a form of recreation?

To the neighbors, yes.

If only we could modify trees to drop their leaves all in a pile and grass to grow only to a certain height, it would spare us all this straitening up of nature. Why does the natural world look more like my son's room in the middle of the summer than my neatly folded shirt drawer? Could it be that messy is the intended order of the world? Why all this tidying up then?

No comments:

Post a Comment