Saturday, September 28, 2013

Possession #164 - Backpack

Like a suburban pickup truck, this backpack serves more of a symbolic significance than a practical one. It did serve me faithfully through a couple of wilderness canoe trips. But other than those, I've only fantasized about hiking the Appalachian trail or other such treks. I like the idea of surviving on only what I can carry on my back. But in reality, I like my hot shower, my comfortable bed and my gas fireplace. We know the burden of the excesses we accrue, but we have a hard time letting go of them and like the disciples that Jesus once sent out...only taking the clothes on our backs. I keep the backpack in the garage and it's getting a nice aged look to it. But I'd like to fill it up and go somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment