Monday, September 23, 2013

Possession #162 - Coffee Maker

In many homes, this object is elevated to near-shrine status. Perhaps while reading this post you might want to listen to "Java Jive" by the world's greatest musical group. The thing is, I can't really consume caffeine, so this is really used mostly by other members of the family. And when I brew up my de-caf, some would say I'm committing sacrilege. Who would think that an entire culture could grow up around the consuming of this product...I guess it's better than a lot of alternatives. Looking back at world history, we see that a lot of cultures had ritual gatherings centered around the consuming of drugs...I guess we're no different.

1 comment:

  1. This particular coffee maker has terrific features,but falls short with it's function. It has a double filter system; one the usual carbon type that is submerged in the water tank and one that is attached to the coffee reservoir that a paper filter is put into.

    Thanks
    Finn Felton

    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete