Thursday, June 6, 2013

Possession #122 - Basketball Hoop

Isn't there a law somewhere that a home with children must contain a basketball hoop in the driveway. Well, I thought so anyway...so we have one. Basketball represents the one team sport I played in school...one year - Walsh Jr. High - B Team. I was horrible. The A team from that particular class went on, in High School to go to the state tournament, so I suppose I felt related to athletic greatness... but my own skills have always been experienced vicariously rather than directly. It wouldn't be too unfair to blame my body which even in High School was trying to figure out what to do with all of its rapid growth. My coordination and strength probably peaked later than was useful for school sports. Nonetheless, the ol' driveway hoop did provide hours of recreation and exercise not only for me but for our kids and anyone filming for America's Funniest Home Videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment