Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Possession #129 - Dish Cleaning Stuff

OK...so I apologize for a bit of a gap here the last few days but I plead Vacation Bible School during which my camera burned white hot from over use. And now as I return to my stuff, I bring you something so mundane as the dish scrubbers by the sink (a toothbrush for cleaning the garlic press and one scrubber for everything else). Doesn't it seem, though, that these mundane objects often receive more care in their choosing because of how useful they're required to be. I once spent a week (and two failed attempts) to replace a broken kitchen scrubber. The dish sponges we use are the same brand we've been using for 25 years because their usefulness is something we don't dare lose. We may like how the dining table looks and the color of the bedroom wall, but what really counts is if the garage door opener works and the garbage can sticker is up to date. It is the mundane and I-assume-they-will-work things that make or break a day.

Here's to hoping that today your dishwasher runs without running all over the floor and that your shoelace ties without breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment