Monday, June 17, 2013

Possession #128 - Bike

It seems as if I buy a new bike about once every 15 years which doesn't seem too bad for a form of exercise that I've always found fun and relaxing. It's probably a key to an exercise routine that it be something that brings some kind of joy, otherwise it becomes a drudgery and the justifying digressions become too frequent.

I put over a thousand miles on this bike last year. I went to a recumbent because my back was bothering me and I wanted a cushier ride for my tush. For the most part it's been wonderful. I like biking because, like jogging, it allows you to see the world at a slower pace...but not quite as slow as my turtle's jogging pace. Even on the hottest days, the bikes relative speed allows for a cooling breeze. Of course, too much breeze is sometimes an issue, but not if you avoid making speed goals for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment