Monday, June 10, 2013

Possession #125 - Magic Tricks

Continuing on my way through my magic stuff, here's a smattering of tricks that I have stored away in the basement. Pictured, you see some classic effects (the linking rings and the cups and balls, a rising jumbo card trick). Also, you see a rather unique trick that I purchased in London when I was there with my parents and visited a rather famous magic shop (Ken Brooke's).

My father was a magician before me and I inherited a box full of tricks from him. Over the years I added, modified and created a few things of my own to the collection. Hundreds of birthday parties later, I had a pretty polished routine. 4-5 year olds were my favorite because at that age they easily fill with wonder and don't yet feel the need to be unimpressed with life. The only problem with younger folk is that they believe in all things magical and so don't act surprised when a magician does something magical. They're much more impressed when a toy duck squirts in my face or a metal ring gets stuck in my shoe laces.

I've linked to another magic youtube video. This one is of Barry and Stuart who do a very unique act.

No comments:

Post a Comment