Saturday, June 1, 2013

Possession #119 - Shop Vac

We have a wide array of cleaning equipment in our house. A rug vacuum, brooms, mops, swiffers, sponges, cleansers, brushes and the ol' shop vac. This dinosaur has been with me through most of my married life. It's now relegated to garage duty, but it still does its job.

The Bible says that us people were created from dirt. So, I wonder sometimes why we spend so much time trying to get rid of the stuff. Are we ashamed of who we are? Isn't some amount of dirt good for us? Aren't we, after all, going to be going back into the dirt sometime...ashes to ashes and all that. The root of the word "humility" also comes from the word for dirt - "Humis." Perhaps dirt keeps us humble and humility is always one of those tough things to maintain. For now, though, I'll keep my shop vac.

No comments:

Post a Comment