Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Possession #118 - Snow Shovels

Hot and humid today. I'm thinking perhaps that I can pack up the snow shovels for the season. Yes, the new snow blower does the heavy lifting, but the old fashioned (plastic)shovel still has to do its share of the winter work. I'm also thankful for my driveway that's as fourth as long as my last one.

It does seem at times that we all spend much of our lives moving nature from one spot to another - shoveling snow, mowing grass, pumping water, raking leaves, moving dirt, rocks and mulch. Why can't we just leave all this stuff where the Lord put it? It's all about "taming" nature so that we can have our way with it. Nature, however, seems equally intent on reminding us from time to time that it is untameable.

No comments:

Post a Comment