Thursday, May 23, 2013

Possession #113 - Another Puppet

It's time for another puppet from my vast collection. This one started out as a moving mouth puppet made in Britain, and then I modified it for various purposes. Most recently he accompanied Dr. Schnickenschnauser as his ventriloquist dummy assistant, Dr. Do-little. I don't pretend to be an expert ventriloquist, but it's really quite fun. Think about it...you get to have rollicking conversations with yourself. Your dummy can make all the incriminating comments while you get away scot free.

I am a huge fan of other ventriloquists who do the artform more justice. I suggest Nina Conti who may not be well known to many folks. But she does a lot with very few "special effects. Here's a clip of her and Monk. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment