Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Possession #97 - Coats

Today started out in the 80's and now is digressing in the 30's...and on May Day for heaven's sake! So, I guess it was time to truck all my coats out of the closet for one last hurrah.

Jesus once said that if a person asked for your shirt, you should give them your coat. But then again, he lived in the Middle East where maybe the climate was more conducive to such generosity. Is the climate ever conducive to generosity? Probably not. There's always a handy excuse to hold on to whatever's making you warm and comfortable. That's the thing. Maturity always goes down the path of discomfort and risk...but that's a hard road to take.

Meanwhile, I've got far too many coats for me to use personally. I need to find someone without a shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment