Friday, May 17, 2013

Possession #108 - Corkscrew

Before I figured out a better method I used to mangle wine corks until parts of it ended up floated in the wine. Then I learned how to hold the bottle between my feet and pull the cork without knocking myself out. I know there are lots of high tech wine cork "extractors" but this wonderful little device has served me well and gets the job done without too much damage to the bottle, my body or my ego.

In the Gospel of John, making wine is just about the first thing Jesus does when he comes of age. That's always seemed quite a fine way to make one's entry into the world. And even though some religious leader accused Jesus of drinking too much, I think he probably knew how to make his guests feel welcome... I can't make the wine...but I can open the bottle...and that's enough

No comments:

Post a Comment