Monday, May 20, 2013

Possession # 110 - Food in the Pantry

As I tried to figure out how to depict all the food in our house I kept thinking of a series of photographs published in Time magazine that showed families from around the world sitting with all the food they happen to have in the house. It's an enlightening series of photographs. Given the honesty of those photographs, mine seems a bit deceptive. This of course, does not represent all the food in my house. I was too lazy to take everything out of the pantry. This is a representative sample of the stuff in there. And it doesn't include any of the food in the fridge and freezer. Despite this relative abundance of food in my house at all times, it's amazing how often we look in the kitchen and say, "...we have nothing to eat."

Jesus once said that our salvation depends almost completely on how good a job we do sharing our food (this version of salvation, of course, isn't very popular among us wealthy Christians). One can only imagine God's impatience at constantly seeing half the world struggling to get a handle on over-indulgence, while the other half (3/4s) struggles to get enough.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I enjoy reading all of your post. I wanted to write a little comment to support
    you.

    Feel free to surf to my web page ... Webcam Videos Free XXX Videos

    ReplyDelete