Saturday, June 8, 2013

Possession #123 - Magic Table

This is my collapsible magic table from my "Grebnellow the Magician" days. It served me well through hundreds of 4 and 5 year old birthday parties, bar mitzvahs, and summer block parties. It's light weight and fairly sturdy having never needed reconstructive surgery except for the time I tried to incorporate a skateboard into my act and ended up tumbling into the street and slightly injuring my table and...ego.

Here are my three rules of a successful performance: 1)Always leave the audience wishing you'd stay longer rather than hoping you hadn't gone on so long. 2)Always squirt the audience with water at some point in the performance. 3)I used to have a third thing, but now I forget it. Oh wait a minute...this act that you don't want to miss, reminds me that entertainment and fun is usually more important than fooling everyone. You gotta see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment