Monday, January 14, 2013

Possession #1 - Camera

Maybe it's because we just got through Christmas. Maybe it's because I'm a new "empty-nester" and I've been rattling around the house. But, I've been thinking more and more about all the stuff I have and my relationship to it. But there's so much stuff! So, to get a better idea of all the things I possess, I decided to try a project in which I"m going to take pictures of all my stuff and post them every day (or at least every day that I can remember to do it). I'm hoping that the act of visually putting everything I own into one big pile will help me get a better handle on where all this stuff came from and what it all means to me.

Today, I'm starting with my primary tool for piling all this stuff together - my camera. I must admit, a part of the motivation for this project came out of a desire to find photo subjects during the winter in my house. Also, I know I'm not the first person to think of doing something like this. I'm just curious to see how it goes. The Camera, by the way, is a Nikon D5000 with a new 35mm lens. In addition to simply finding a way to gather all my possessions in one place, I want there to be some amount of artistic merit to the whole project...I want the stuff to look good!

Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment