Thursday, January 31, 2013

Possession #19 - Stained Glass Window

I like this video of Matthew Pickering singing, "Your Beauty Transforms Every Space." Not quite sure what it all means, but it makes me think of the power that beauty has of changing our environment. One purpose of some of my stuff is to add a bit of beauty to my home. I don't want my house to just be a place where I eat and sleep. Hopefully, it has some restorative qualities and for me, that has a lot to do with how much beauty I have in it.

This stained glass window comes from my parent's home which they had to get rid of when they downsized to a smaller apartment. So, it not only adds some beauty to the front porch but it carries memories and meaning. What are the things that you find beautiful in your home? What do they do for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment