Saturday, February 2, 2013

Possession #21 - Sound Bar

My old "tube" television weighed approximately 5,000 pounds. I know this, since that's about how much I'm going to have to pay my chiropractor to fix my back after moving it out of its old spot in the living room. My new flat screen television weighs less than a feather and is about as thick as a piece of Dove candy (not that I know anything about that). They get it so thin by removing all the excess stuff inside it...like speakers! So I have to buy more "stuff" to go with my new television, like this "sound bar" here. You either need a PhD or the kid at Best Buy to help you figure out how to make everything work which usually involves hitting random buttons on all 25 remote controls I have scattered on the coffee table where I used to have coffee cups.

"Parents complain about the quality of the shows but don't prevent their children from gluing themselves to the boob tube" (David Owen).

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to the blog about the remotes. And the blog about the collection of electronic product user guides (unless that is where you drew the line on more posessions and you are free from user guides).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need the remotes picture!... and yup I freely dispose of guides...either that, or I put them in a "safe" place never to be found again.

    ReplyDelete