Thursday, February 21, 2013

Possession #40 - Media Wiring

Although there are many wonderful things that modern technology has done for us, simplification is not always its best selling point. As my devices have become more amazing, the wiring that connects them all has become maddeningly complex. Figuring our my remotes is challenging, but wiring up my TV to my DVD player, cable receiver, sound bar and woofer is...well...crazy. And of course there isn't just one kind of wire. Each device has its own type: fire wire, coaxial, fiber-optic, and photon torpedo wire. I must have a total of 200 miles of wiring between my various devices as well as a few more miles in a box I keep in the closet for wires that I can't quite figure out their purpose. Connections between our devices are just as complex as the connections between people. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment