Sunday, February 24, 2013

Possession #43 - VHS Tapes

Tonight is Oscar Night and so it's only fitting that I bring out all my old VHS tapes. Being ancient artifacts of digital days gone by, I don't even own a machine that can play these tapes. And yet, I still have them...hmmmm. As perhaps you can see, most of these movies got us through our parenting years. I'm a movieaholic and I'm not ashamed of trying to pass an appreciation of movies along to my children. I suppose our collection of tapes and DVDs isn't as extensive as many (mostly thanks to netflix).

I got in a long discussion with my wife tonight about whether or not actors deserve multi-million-dollar salaries. Me: yes. She: no. She's probably right. Art is a wonderful thing and movies can profoundly affect us. But has Spiderman really made my world that much better?

No comments:

Post a Comment