Sunday, February 10, 2013

Possession #29 - Albums

In honor of the Grammys tonight, I thought I ought to drag some of my old albums out of the wooden crate they've been in for the last few decades (some of you may be unfamiliar with what an album is...please ask someone old). I came of age in the 70's and early 80's and mostly turned to the mushy sounds of the times - Jim Croce, John Denver, Carpenters, America, James Taylor, and yes, even Barry Manilow (I stayed up til midnight to record his live double album on a cassette [if you don't know what a cassette is...please ask someone old]). Showing you these old albums I know will remove any "cool cred" that I have had...especially perhaps the Muppet Movie album (the best!) and my Manhattan Transfer albums (I have every one).

We must have over a hundred albums molding in the basement. Too heavy to haul away. Too precious to let go of. Too many memories....oooohhh the memories! I know I'm going to roll my eyes at the Grammys!

1 comment:

  1. I have some of those same musical memories. I notice the Muppet Movie Album in that collection -- remember you singing 'Rainbow Connection' when it was new!

    ReplyDelete