Monday, February 11, 2013

Possession #30 - Bar Bells

This is the time of year when the exercise industry makes a killing on half-hearted New Years resolutions. I used to own a Nordic Track until I didn't. These bar bells have stayed on in the house because they don't take up much room and my son started using them when I hurt my shoulder and didn't pick them up again. Only about half of Americans say that they exercise at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes. Given that low bar, I guess I exercise more than the average American but still probably put more mileage on the couch than on the treadmill at the Y.

Motivation is a complicated formula that I can't always crack. Even the Apostle Paul mentioned being unable to do the things he wanted to do. It seems to be true that exercise "stuff" doesn't increase the chances that you'll actually use it. Exercise doesn't really take any stuff at all...just a willing body. I hope you have a healthy and happy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment