Friday, February 22, 2013

Possession #41 - Snow Blower

Here's how we sometimes acquire new things... Spouse: "I'd really like you to consider getting a snow blower." Me: "Absolutely not! I am perfectly capable of shoveling snow. I don't need some lazy man's device." Spouse: "But you know...with your bad back and all..." Me: "No! It's out of the question!" Then, a couple weeks later I go and buy a snow blower...with electric start. And on days like today...I really love my wife!

It's all well and good in theory to separate your life into "wants" and "needs." But, the dividing line gets a bit fuzzy in the midst of life. Does the absence of children in the house and my bad back warrant a snow blower and a lawn mower with self-propelled wheels? Yes...maybe...absolutely not...all of the above? How are we supposed to make judgments on our lifestyle when rules aren't very clear? As they say, "The devil is in the details."

No comments:

Post a Comment