Saturday, March 2, 2013

Possession #49 - Night Light

This one little thing has made a big difference in our lives. I can't count the number of nights our children slept better because of a night light in the room. It's kept a few toes from being stubbed, walls from being crashed into and facilitated late night trips to the bathroom without serious incident. We used to pack them on all family vacations.

I remember a few childhood fears of my own lurking in the darker regions of my bedroom. I little light goes a long way towards keeping the unknown at bay. Of course, darkness isn't always a bad thing. Mystery and the unknown are important parts of life, but at night when sleep is what we want, how ironic that sometimes it a little bit of light that helps us close our eyes to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment