Saturday, March 9, 2013

Possession #55 - Digital Clocks

The largest digital clock in the world is on top of a tower in Düsseldorf, Germany. What I don't have in size, I make up for in quantity. It actually took the combined brain power of the entire family to track down all the places in the house where we have digital clocks. I gave up wearing a wrist watch a couple years ago because of the relative ubiquity of clocks. I don't suppose it would make much sense today to have a song that asks, "Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is?" How can you possibly ever be that far from some object beaming the correct time for you night and day.

Of course this poses a particular challenging issue on evenings such as tonight when the clocks are supposed to change. I'm not sure I can quite remember the secret formula for changing each individual clock...what a blessing it is that some of them change all on their own! Don't forget!!

No comments:

Post a Comment