Thursday, March 7, 2013

Possession #53 - The Christmas Door

OK, so believe it or not, I'm posting my 53rd possession today on my 53rd birthday. And no, I didn't plan the one skipped day earlier in the week when the modem crashed. New modem is installed, the land line has been disconnected, cable provider switched and these are way too many changes for an old man to deal with!

I know it's not Christmas (although there is a fair amount of snow outside), but our Christmas Door usually stays decorated all year round (either that or by the time we think of deconstructing it the next Christmas is already upon us). We stick all our Christmas cards up on this door so that we can see pictures and notes from all our friends and family and to remind ourselves to get our Christmas missive out at least by Labor Day.

I love objects that help to remind me of all the connections in my life (Either that, or I don't like to clean). These things keep me from seeing my stuff as merely utilitarian. Instead, stuff can be a part of the connecting threads of life (they also help to jog my failing memory).

No comments:

Post a Comment