Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Possession #58 - Pillow

I'm a big fan of sleep. I've rarely had trouble falling and staying asleep which caused minor moments of consternation during the infant crying in the middle of the night years. Naps are also one of life's gifts which I regularly take at least once or twice a week (almost always on Sunday afternoon). One thing, however, is important to my entire sleeping process - the proper pillow. A bad pillow can ruin a good night's sleep and leave behind a crooked neck for a week. So I almost always bring a pillow along with me when I travel. I'm currently off on a sermon-writing retreat (slight pause for blog posting) and it's going much better knowing that tonight I'll have a familiar pillow to go with the unfamiliar bed. Maybe pillows are just the grown-up version of the stuffed animals we kept with us as kids - a mildly comforting bit of familiarity. Whenever I travel, it's good to bring a bit of home with me in the form of some object to keep me connected to that which I love. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment