Thursday, April 4, 2013

Possession #77 - Wallet

I'm not quite sure how I could have forgotten the most vital part of my travel gear...my wallet. For obvious reasons, wallets tend to get warn out fairly regularly. I've gone through quite a few over the years: Tri-fold, bi-fold, velcro, leather, plastic sleeves, no plastic sleeves. I've never had the kind that's chained to your belt though. Quite a few years ago I gave up wearing a wallet in my back pocket. It just never felt right to have this lump hanging off my rump. Winter is great because my wallet just goes in a coat pocket. Going to work it'll slip into one the bags I'm carrying. But summertime is tough for us no-wallet-in-the-back-pocket guys. For awhile I used a...yes...I'll say it... fanny pack...which many might consider a worse case than the rump lump. I have a variety of small bags that sometimes work. Camera case. laptop backpack. And when I'm desperate I simply hold it in my hand. Of course this problem has multiplied with the advent of the cell phone which has added another wallet sized object to secure on my body. I'm thinking something like Batman's utility belt might help out here. Anyway, I'm off to see something tonight and luckily the wallet will go right in the jacket pocket. But tomorrow is supposed to be 70 degrees.... uh oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment