Saturday, April 20, 2013

Possession #88 - Shoes

Shoes. By the time I was in 9th grade my feet had blossomed into size 13's which means it doesn't take many shoes for me to fill up a lot of space. They are always getting in the way both while perched on my toes and lurking in the closet.

When I was growing up I was never allowed to wear sneakers to school. They were strictly for after school play time. I had school shoes, play shoes and church shoes. The church shoes were polished every Saturday night with the polishing equipment stored in my dad's closet.

Shoes, like many other things that we wear, can say something about our attitudes and values. Mostly I just want something that keeps my feet comfortable and not all worn out by the end of the day.

In High School I sold shoes in the J.C. Penny shoe department. I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't even know what patent leather was. I hope I didn't steer too many people the wrong way. A bad pair of shoes can ruin your whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment