Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Possession #79 - Toilet Paper

This morning I went to the hospital to have the "procedure which shall not be named." In honor of all those undergoing a colonoscopy today, I offer up a couple of gifts. First of all, a bit of a reflection on such procedures by Jeff Foxworthy which is only a slight exaggeration of reality.

Secondly, a picture of one of my most important possessions in the house...toilet paper. Not just any toilet paper, but one particular brand of toilet paper. And not just any roll from that brand, but one particular model offered by that brand which, after extensive research, I have appointed the only product that will touch my body. I am so emphatic about this that I carry this brand with me when I travel so that I won't be subjected to various kinds of sand paper used in other restrooms.

Perhaps you think me a bit over zealous about this possession. But as a person with a long-standing intestinal disorder, I have become intimately acquainted with all things toilet tissue-y. My wife, who works for hospice, tells me that towards the end of one's life, bathroom issues become most important. I, for one, intend to be ready for that day with a roll of my favorite toilet paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment